Xpack4 Platform (3)
Scalable, reliable and powerful for customized HIL solutions
Xpack4 versions: from the RoadBox for use in vehicles through to large integration test rigs.
In addition to standard-I/O cards (such as analog, digital, CAN, IPG offers a wide range of special Xpack4 modules for automotive HIL applications.
This enables tailored solutions with maximum precision.
- (M400) Wheel signals – emulation of wheel sensors
- (M401) Frequency signals – emulation and measurement of frequency signals
- (M402, M403) Engine signals – sensor and actuator signals of internal combustion engines
- (M404)Waveform generation – functions generator
- (M441, M408) PWM signals – emulation and measurement of PWM signals
- (M440) Dynamic resistors– dynamically adjustable resistors
- (FlexCard PMC) – FlexRay interface
- (M405) LIN interface
- (M406) PSI5 interface
- (M407) SPI interface
These modules can be complemented by other IPG components as needed and combined into large test rigs.
Soft- and hardware environment for vehicle homologation
Electronic stability programs are mandatory in the EU as of 2011 to increase the safety of commercial vehicles and passenger cars. Due to the large number of variants the homologation process becomes extremely complex. To limit the expense and effort, the ECE Directive also permits the use of simulation systems and methods to complement drive tests. IPG has assumed a pioneering role in simulation-based homologation. As part of an ESC homologation project, the complete soft- and hardware environment of the HIL simulation was subjected to comprehensive tests. Based on these test results the HIL system was approved for homologation purposes. The Xpack4 platform fully brings to bear its performance capabilities – extremely high accuracy, scalability and real-time capability. And it is ready to tackle other demanding homologation tasks both in the truck and passenger car sector.