MotorcycleMaker has been developed on the basis of the proven CarMaker technology and allows realistic vehicle dynamics simulation of motorcycles and scooters. The seamless development environment of MotorcycleMaker supports the simulation on PC as well as hardware-in-the-loop tests at component and system test benches.
- Functionality, models and handling based on CarMaker
- Parameterized 3D motorcycle model
- Driver model specially developed for motorcycle handling
- Complex tire model
- Open and modular architecture
- Full integration in MATLAB/Simulink
- Test automation
Realistic reproduction of motorcycles
MotorcycleMaker ® contains a very precise motorcycle model for sophisticated vehicle dynamics investigations on three-dimensional test tracks with arbitrary traffic situations. The virtual motorcycle provides a very detailed motorcycle model with brand specific construction characteristics. This allows to analyze dynamic mechanisms, to validate, optimize and safeguard concepts early in the development process and to largely shift the dangerous driving tests on real test tracks into the office or the laboratory. Due to the comprehensive "desk - lab - rig - drive" approach of MotorcycleMaker ® ECUs and complete vehicle systems can be developed and tested in a continuous MIL, SIL and HIL process. The methods are applied to chassis control systems as well as to drive train systems
- Chassis development and optimization in terms of geometry, kinematics, elasto-kinematics, weight distribution, anti-squat, anti-dive etc.
- Driving behavior investigation with respect to the stationary and dynamic behavior such as resonant steering behavior, controlling behavior as well as braking and accelerating behavior etc.
- Control system developments, e.g.
- Anti-lock brake system
- Traction contol
- Active body control
- Hardware-in-the-loop testing of ECUs and subsystems
- HIL simulation at engine and chassis test benches
- Stability investigations in critical driving situations such as shimmy, juddering, swinging, kickback etc.
- Simulation with different loads on the motorcycle
- Driving behavior investigations on roads with critical characteristics (e.g. corrugations, bumpiness, uneveness, rough road tracks, longitudinal and lateral grooves, ruts, black ice etc.)
- Simulation of aerodynamic influences on the driving stability
- Driving behavior analysis on downhill and uphill slopes and banking on three-dimensional tracks
- Reproduction of typical driving mistakes (too high a velocity in bends, overbraking at the front and rear wheel, too rapid a brake force increase, etc.)
- Driving performance simulation
MotorcycleMaker/HIL test systems
We provide turn-key test systems for the hardware-in-the-loop simulation with MotorcycleMaker/HIL. The systems range from standard HIL simulators to complex system test benches.